Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day -- A Glance Back Over the Week

It was a busy week, aren't most of them, compounded by a head cold for my ten year old, myself and my partner. We slogged through it with our noses to the grindstone. On Thursday, Cinco de Mayo and my parent's 49th wedding anniversary, I decided we ought to celebrate with a Cherry Cobbler. This day demanded some celebratory act in the kitchen. I had some fresh frozen sour cherries -- they were pitted and ready to transformed with a bit of baking alchemy into the best cobbler ever...at least, that I have ever tasted.
Inspired by the events of the week and the day at hand, I whipped out my phone and googled "Cherry Cobbler." First one to come up was a five star rated allrecipes.com. Simple, less than 6 ingredients if we don't include the french bean vanilla ice cream. With a stick of butter melting in the 9x13 baking pan in the pre-heated oven, the recipe was a simple combo of flour, eggs, milk, maple syrup, brown sugar, and sour cherries. Easy! Delicious! Heavenly over ice cream straight from the oven. We all enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment